Subject: RE: Sparc 2, questions
To: (Rick Copeland) <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/20/1998 14:47:49
On 19-Mar-98 Rick Copeland wrote:
> I have got the ram installed in the right places so that the eprom monitor
> diags see it however it now complains that there is no NVROM! Or can't load
> default settings into it.  There is a empty 24 or 28 pin dip socket in the
> middle of the mainboard next to the back panel is this where the NOVRAM
> should be?

Its usually a largish chip with a serial number/bar code on top; check
this place for a new one;

For Sale: SUN MICROSYSTEMS: NVRAM: Sparc
 Manufacturer:
            SUN MICROSYSTEMS
 Type:
            NVRAM
 Model:
            Sparc
 Price:
            Call
            We can replace your dead NVRAM with a new one for your Sparc
computer. Original ethernet address may be programed into new
            NVRAM.
 Condition:
            New
 Quantity: