Subject: BOCHS on NetBSD/Sparc
To: 'port-sparc@NetBSD.org' <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ruschmeyer, John <jruschme@att.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/20/1998 12:35:50
At the risk of following up to my own post...

FYI, the latest version of BOCHS (980313a) builds out of the box and
appears to run fine under NetBSD/Sparc.

Now for the bad news... on a Sparc 2, at least, the speed is dismal. I
had to set the emulated Instructions Per Second (IPS) down to 75000,
which is 10% of the author's numbers for a Pentium 100 (and is described
by the code as being "AWEFULLY" (sic) slow). The overall effect reminded
me of some bad telnet sessions I've had.

Granted, this may be much better on a Sparc 5 or 20....

Though you all might want to know... <<<John>>>