Subject: Re: SMP questio
To: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/19/1998 08:28:47
On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Rob Deker wrote:

: > >If so, what's the timeframe on this?
: >
: > "We will release no code before its time." (read: I don't know)
: >
: I assume that some development is underway? Do you know the current status?

SMP is out there on the project board, but it depends on a number of
prerequisite projects that I don't know the status of, personally:

- kernel reentrancy (multithreading)
- kernel based atomic locking

And a couple others, if I recall correctly.  Without these, SMP isn't even
possible, so they have to be done first.

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Bus. todd_vierling@xn.xerox.com)
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price