Subject: Re: compat_svr4 and resolving
To: Dave Nelson <David.Nelson@BellCow.COM>
From: Matt Ragan <mragan@dev.tivoli.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/16/1998 13:58:27
Dave Nelson wrote:

> Your message dated: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:04:03 GMT
>
>      Makes no difference.  I get the same problem as before where it
> complains that it can't get the name server name for whatever address
> I put in /emul/svr4/etc/resolv.conf.
>

> >try using a resolv.conf that points to a nameserver != loopback address.
> >

> /dcn

I'm having the same problem, however it is not just DNS, but UDP in general
that is not working.  I've just upgraded my system to -current, so I'm going
to see if I'm still having the problems.  The symptoms of this problem are
that no UDP based services (i.e. DNS, UDP-based RPC, etc) work with
compat_svr4 under NetBSD-sparc.  /emul/svr4/etc/nswitch.conf and netconfig
both exist and are correct.  The system was formerly a 1.3 Beta from
approximately Dec 5th; I don't know if things are working under -current.

--
Matt Ragan
Product System Support, Tivoli Systems