Subject: VME integration
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/17/1998 20:05:15
I plan to switch the sparc port to the new VME framework shortly.

This will involve changes to all vme device drivers as well as to some
on-board (the `obio' bus) drivers, which are: xd, xy, si, sw, ie and cgtwo.

Of these, I've only been able to test the VME `ie' driver. All the rest
have been converted the use the new interfaces, so they will at
least compile.  Obviously, this leaves plenty of room for those devices
to stop working after I commit the changes.

So, if you have a sun4 or sun4m with a VME bus and one or more of the
devices mentioned above, you're cordially invited to test all the
new things.

If you're not tracking -current, or want to test even before the changes
are in the tree, contact me for pointers at source diffs and pre-compiled
kernel.

-pk