Subject: Re: random querstion
To: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/16/1998 23:59:31
> I've been noticing that there are a bunch of audio programs in the packages
> collection that are compiled for sparc. Does this mean that we have audio
> support now?

Well, sun4c class machines have had audio support for a long time.
The only sun4m model for which audio is supported is the Sparcstation
Classic. sun4's don't have (built-in) audio hardware.

BTW. the package collection for the sparc cannot be used gauge what
devices are supported by the current kernel.  It's simply everything
I could manage to build at a given point in time (around Jan 5)
and may in fact include several programs that are totally useless
on the sparc.  Just consider them goodies..

-pk