Subject: Upgraded to 1.3 and lost telnet
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Grunza <steveng@formail.formation.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/16/1998 13:16:01
After loading NetBSD-1.3 onto a new disk on my SS1, I'm now getting the
following when telnetting from a Win95 PC to the SS1:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: libutil.so.4.2: minor version >= 3 expected,
using it anyway
          /usr/libexec/ld.so: telnetd: libkrb.so.2.0: No such file or
directory.

A telnet from the console generates the following:
/usr/libexec/ld.so: telnetd: libkrb.so.2.0: No such file or directory.

A search with find from the /usr directory for libkrb\* finds:
./lib/libkrb.a
./lib/libkrb_p.a

Any clues, hints, suggestions?  I booted to single user (netbsd -s) and
forced an fsck (fsck -f) on /dev/sd2g (/usr) and /dev/sd2h (/home) but no
problems were reported.

I could try another disk (this one is third or fourth hand) but the current
disk is 2 GB and I'ld hate to chuck it without good cause.  If the disk is
flaky and the shared library file was on a sector that self-destructed,
wouldn't fsck complain about it?

Steven G.

Steven Grunza
voice:  (609) 234 - 5020 ext 3101