Subject: Re: SunOS emulation
To: Eric W. Bates <ericx@vineyard.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/22/1997 11:46:17
On Mon, 22 Dec 1997 13:21:49 -0500
 "Eric W. Bates" <ericx@vineyard.net> wrote:

 > # bin/acroread
 > The OS named NetBSD version 1.3_BETA is currently not installed.
 > Try running on a installed platform and connecting to your display.
 > Installed platform(s) include the following:
 >   SPARC/SunOS version 4.1.3 or 4.1.4
 > [Exit 1 ]

In the case of acroread, the program you actually invoke is a shell script,
which can be modified; just place NetBSD in the correct case statements.
This is how I got acroread running on my NetBSD/sparc boxes.

I haven't tried FrameMaker, yet... but I have run e.g. Bay Networks Site
Manager for SunOS with no problems like this.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935