Subject: MySQL on NetBSD/sparc
To: Michael J. Miller Jr. <mke@netcom.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/20/1997 02:44:02
On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Michael J. Miller Jr. wrote:

> (Pseudo advertising ahead)
> Check out MySQL (http://www.tcx.se/), a mostly free lightning fast SQL DB.
> And my manual for MySQL (http://mysql.turbolift.com/mysql)

Hah! Just the fellow I want to talk to, then, you being a sparc
user and all. :-)

Have you got mysql running reliably on NetBSD/sparc 1.3_BETA? I've
tried it (mysql-3.20.31e) on 1.2G and 1.3_BETA (with hacks to
pthreads to fix the fstat/fstat13 problem), and though it compiles
ok, for some reason I can't set up new tables on the thing. When I run
mysql_install_db I get

    Starting mysql server
    Starting mysqld demon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/var
    ERROR: View '' doesn't exist for './mysql/db.frm'
    mysqld demon is running and mysql grant tables are installed

For some reason those darn .frm files just don't seem to work. And if
I try to create a table manually, I get:

    mysql> create table foo ( foo int );
    ERROR: Can't change size of file (Errcode: 2)

All this stuff works fine on 1.2G on the i386. Thoughts?

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates