Subject: Re: Sbus le() addition
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/19/1997 15:48:44
On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Neil J. McRae wrote:

: OK I've pluged and antares CONServer 1053 into my SS5
: and it probes like this:
:
: dma1 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x200000: rev 2
: esp1 at dma1 slot 0x2 offset 0x400000 pri 5: ESP200, 40MHz, SCSI ID 7
: scsibus1 at esp1: 8 targets
: ledma at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x200010 not configured
:
: I've just added ledma1 at sbus blah blah to my config file and I'm
: compiling it now. In theory it should work. The kernel is compiling, I'll
: email in about 20 minutes.

Hm, is this also ledma+le on a sun4c using this card, I wonder, or just le?
:)

Doesn't ledma/le support the ``*'' abstraction of wildcard devices?  If so,
couldn't the 0's be changed to *'s and make this work without problems in
GENERIC?

(Additionally, if it _does_ support ``*'', why are any of them defined as
`0' when that'll be the first one allocated anyway?)

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price