Subject: Re: Unbelievable: Sun supports FreeBSD-sparc port for Ultra.
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
From: What EES eet man? <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/17/1997 21:50:37
That's because you're looking at it through BSD-colored glasses.

I give a usability award to Solaris 2.x where x >= 5.  There were some
*marked* performance enhancements, even on a lowly SS1.

Not something I want to run, but for something as huge as it is, they've
finally hit the right groove.

I swore I'd never run NT or Solaris on my desktop, and so far I've been
able to keep my oath, so it's not like I'm a Solaris convert or something;
but I'll take Solaris over ANYthing that Micro{suck,sift,shaft,splorch}
has to offer.

				--*greywolf;
--
"Windows/NT - From the people who brought you EDLIN".