Subject: Re: Newbie questions
To: None <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de, hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rrzc1.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/09/1997 10:02:50
>     Hubert> In case it helps, here are the DIP settings from a Type 5
>     Hubert> keyboard used on an LX here (i dunno if this works for
> It doesn't change anything :-(. --> I faked the boot rom by starting
> with model 5c keyboard and then changing to the model 5. The keyboard
> worked (like a model 4 one), but entering 'test keyboard' failed then.
> So, what the hell can be wrong with that keyboard!?

Umh... have you tried the keyboard on some other Sun machine? The problem
you're experiencing here doesn't have anything to do with NetBSD, as far as I
can tell.
BTW, the settings of the Type5 keyboard i gave you worked fine on a LX, and
I've just checked the settings of a 5c keyboard here attached to a SS5, they
are the same. So, try cross-swapping keyboards, and maybe get a new one. .)

> Can I run Netscape/Sparc on the IPX? In case 'yes' which Version?
> (I've found Netscape versions for SUNOS 4.1.3, 5.3, 5.5.) Which SUNOS
> libs would be needed?

``Yes''
For it to run, you need the "right" libs, some devices etc. See compat_sunos(8)
for SunOS and compat_svr4(8) for Solaris.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>