Subject: NetBSD-current (11/12/97) anomolies...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/13/1997 21:56:40
I have just installed the abovementioned kernel into my existing 1.2
installation.  The machine is an IPX booted from my Linux (Intel) server
with a serial console.  I've noticed a couple of things:

* many characters are missing from text on the console.  For instance:

add host sparc.saturn.tlug.org: gateway lolhost
add net default: gateway 192.16.0.1
install: utmp: chflags: Operation not supported
starting rpc daemons: portmap ypbind.
starting system logger.
checking for core dum.

(the terminal settings are 9600,8N1 and worked flawlessly under 1.2)

* Timeouts in the middle of the boot process:

nfs_boot: trying RARP (and RPC/bootparam)
nfs_boot: client_addr=0xc0a80004
nfs_boot: server_addr=0xc0a80001
nfs_boot: hostname=sparc.saturn.tlug.org
nfs_boot: timeout...
nfs_boot: timeout...
nfs_boot: timeout...

Just a couple of observations...  I can debug more if it is required.

Thanks.

Mike.

  Mike Frisch                         Email: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
  Northstar Technologies        WWW: http://saturn.tlug.org/~mfrisch