Subject: Re: Linux emulation for SPARC?
To: Bob Myers <rjmyers@rtis.ray.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/31/1997 10:56:41
On Fri, 31 Oct 1997 10:36:30 -0600
 Bob Myers <rjmyers@rtis.ray.com> wrote:

 > I'm a "lurker" here and saw this message traffic about Linux on Sparc
 > platforms.  Just wanted to be sure that you all knew that a port is already
 > "in progress", just like netBSD and the others.

Yes, we all knew.  Thankfully we're all happily running NetBSD on our
SPARCs :-)

Note the question was about making NetBSD's Linux emulation work on the
SPARC, so that we could run Linux/sparc executables.

Unfortunately, this is somewhat of a pain, since, in their infinite wisdom,
the Linux people decided that having different system call numbers, different
errno values, different termios structures, etc. was the right way to make
their operating system portable.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935