Subject: Re: Any browser for 1.2.1?
To: Werther Pirani <werther@home.wservice.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/05/1997 17:29:57
On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Werther Pirani wrote:

> 2) Any chance of success at running Netscape 3.01 for SunOS 4.1.3?
>    Since FreeBSD users can run the BSDI version...

Sure; works great if you've got the right junk under /emul/sunos.
I upgraded from 3.x to Communicator 4.03 recently, and that works
fine too. (You want lots of memory, though; I've only got 32 MB in
my machine and it's uncomfortable.)

> Also, by (nearly) the same token, I'd like to know how to get hold of
> a better window manager than twm -- nnnggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I just compiled and use fvwm.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates