Subject: Re: Adaptec ACB-4000
To: None <kosack@wam.umd.edu>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/04/1997 22:05:13
On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Daniel S. Kosack wrote:
>   Will the ACB-4000's even work under NetBSD?  I have a few on my hands
> that come up perfectly under SunOS 4.1.1, but NetBSD/sun3 screams massive
> errors (mostly disconnect or parity) when it sees them.  I haven't tried
> them under NetBSD/sparc.

I'm not sure.  I'm hoping to get them to work though.  I've got 3 511s
(and more available at $10/each) that have a Micropolis 1325 (behind an
ACB-4000) and a Wangtek 5099EN24 (behind an Emulex MT02).  Not much space,
but enough for a maxed out headless 3/60 to drive 2 3/50s as Xterminals.

All the 1325s ave SunOS on them and can boot a 3/[56]0 just fine but barf
with NetBSD.

I tried the suggested patch to scsi/scsiconf.c with no effect.

I tried turning parity off in the esp driver, which gets rid of the parity
errors, but gives me "sense error 32"

Anyone got any ideas?

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/