Subject: Re: Unsupported eeprom commands?
To: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/03/1997 00:06:31
On Fri, 3 Oct 1997 02:57:31 -0400 (EDT)
 "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net> wrote:

 > I've got a number of sun3s that I'm trying to recover the NVRAM password
 > for and noticed that the eeprom command doesn't support the printing of
 > the password.
 >
 > I'm writing code to support this and I was wondering why nobody had
 > written this code before (it seems rather simple).
 >
 > Is there some land-mine I'm not aware of?
 >
 > I notice that a number of other NVRAM/eeprom values are not supported
 > either...

I just never had the time/need to write those.  The password one, you
don't want to print the password to non-superusers, obviously.

Anyhow, if you submit the code via send-pr, I will be happy to commit
it to the master sources.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935