Subject: Re: sparc's KERNBASE at 0xf0000000
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/23/1997 16:16:45
On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Paul Kranenburg wrote:

> I've changed sparc port's value of KERNBASE to 0xf0000000 (was 0xf8000000).
>
> This should provide more kernel virtual address space to accomodate
> large buffer caches on machines that have the physical memory to
> back it.

How about Sun 4cs? Do we still have the memory mapping hardware
problem there that limits how much buffer cache we can have?

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'