Subject: New NetBSD install
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/19/1997 07:54:11
I've gotten all the 1.2.1 binaries over to a SunOS 4.1.3 volume, and am
ready to  partition an extra drive, and do a netbsd install.

I've read the installation instructions which are pretty complete except
for one thing. I am not sure how to partition the drive that will be the
netbsd volume. I read the sun manpage for format, but it is pretty terse,
and doesn't give me much guidance regarding partitioning new volumes.

The drive I have already has a single Sun partition on it that uses all the
space. What I want is
/root 20 MB
/swap 128 MB
/user 876 MB or whatever is left actually.

format can take this information from a file, I think, but there isn't any
info on the format of the file.

Is there somewhere else I should look.

This might be a good addition to the install instructions.

TIA

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614