Subject: Re: panics on SS5
To: None <tech@openbsd.org>
From: Kurt Schreiner <ks@bambam.ub.uni-mainz.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/16/1997 09:07:50
hi,

last week I posted a little patch chris suggested saying that with
this patch my kernel (openbsd-current btw) is running ok. It WAS
running ok for some days, but than the same "panic: dvma_mapin: null
page frame" as before.
with the newest openbsd-source, which contains the patch (done by
theo) in the cpu-initialization code the ss5 survived for around 4
days till tonight. trying to get a core dump (with "boot dump" or
"boot crash") i get another panic: dvma_mapin: null page frame,
throwing me back to ddb. trying "boot dump" again reboots the machine,
w/o a dump of cause!

anyone any ideas? what can I do to help debugging this?

-kurt