Subject: ppp0 dropped; modem output
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brain fried. Explanation is in file "core". <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/12/1997 22:00:52
Here's what my modem says (what's 'Blers'? Block errors?).

Everything looks fine except the Retrains Granted, the Link Timeouts
and the Blers.

Anyone want to fill me in?  I don't want to do a fallback; I'm going
slow enough as it is...

#### begin modem ati6 output ####
USRobotics Sportster 33600 Fax Link Diagnostics...

Chars sent                 3629      Chars Received            23965
Chars lost                    0
Octets sent                3288      Octets Received           24225
Blocks sent                 171      Blocks Received             228
Blocks resent                 0

Retrains Requested            0      Retrains Granted              2
Line Reversals                0      Blers                         9
Link Timeouts                 2      Link Naks                     0

Data Compression       V42BIS 1024/32
Equalization           Long
Fallback               Disabled
Protocol               LAPM
Speed                  19200/19200
Last Call              00:06:22

Disconnect Reason is Unable to Retrain
#### end modem ati6 output ####

				--*greywolf;
--
Greywolf's postulate #1:
	If your OS and/or machine absolutely cannot autoboot without manual