Subject: Re: modem/ppp/ftp.netbsd.org problems...
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Brain fried. Explanation is in file "core". <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/11/1997 16:02:26
On the other hand, a sup is actually appearing to complete; something
which hasn't happened for me in quite a while...
Jason Thorpe sez:
/*
 * On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:55:05 -0700
 *  greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com (Brain fried. Explanation is in file "core".) wrote:
 *
 *  > I can't tell what the problem is, whether it's:
 *  >         - pppd
 *  >         - modem
 *  >         - my ISP
 *  >         - ftp.netbsd.org
 *  >
 *  > But I can't retrieve more than 12kbytes of data before the damn thing
 *  > stops and ftp reports 'stalled'.
 *  >
 *  > Is there a problem with ftp.netbsd.org's network?  I've seen this
 *  > happen before thru ethernet where ftp.netbsd.org would drop me like
 *  > a hot potato.
 *  >
 *  > Go figure, and if anyone else has experienced this, please let me know.
 *
 * How long ago did this start?  This is important.
 *
 * Jason R. Thorpe                                       thorpej@nas.nasa.gov
 * NASA Ames Research Center                            Home: +1 408 866 1912
 * NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935
 * Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 415 428 6939
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
Sun hardware is great stuff.  It's too bad their software has taken
such a downturn.