Subject: Opus Personal Mainframe 5000?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Guptill <tgpt@pas.rochester.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/04/1997 16:45:48
I'm trying NetBSD on an Opus Personal Mainframe 5000, a SPARC 1 clone
produced by Opus a few years ago.  (Opus no longer exists.)  I have run
SunOS 4.1.3U1, Solaris 2.5.1, and SPARCLinux on this machine without too
much trouble - all of them simply ID the machine as a SUN4C SPARCStation 1.
However, when I boot the NetBSD kernel, the machine says:

"The file just loaded is intended for a different CPU type."

I'm using the netbsd.GENERIC kernel from the 1.2.1 distribution.  Does
anyone have any suggestions?  Is this a known problem with clones, or am I
doing something silly?

Any ideas?

(please respond to me personally; I've sent a subscription request to
majordomo@netbsd.org but it hasn't responded yet...)

Thanks!

 - Tom

--
Tom Guptill                     Department of Physics and Astronomy
UNIX SA                         University of Rochester  Rochester, NY USA