Subject: Re: Solaris emulation & resolving problems
To: Jaroslaw Bazydlo <jarekb@pap.waw.pl>
From: Brian H. Trammell <brian@altara.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/25/1997 12:00:57
On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Jaroslaw Bazydlo wrote:

> I've succesfuly installed solaris emulation on my NetBSD box but Netscape
> still can not resolve Internet names.
>
> I followed all steps given in compat_svr4 man page and add resolv.conf in
> /emul/svr4/etc. Moreover I added "hosts: files dns" into
> /emul/svr/nsswitch.conf.
I'm not familiar with solaris emul, but shouldn't nsswitch.conf be in
/emul/svr4/etc as well?

> Dies anyone reported such problems or maybe there is a solution ???
>
> My NetBSD is:
>
> NetBSD freeside 1.2G NetBSD 1.2G (SHADOWFAX) #91: Thu Aug  7 00:15:02 MEST
> 1997     pk@shadowfax:/b/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/SHADOWFAX sparc
> freeside:jarekb {103}
>
> Greets
> --
> Jaroslaw Bazydlo | mailto:jarekb@pap.waw.pl | http://www.pap.waw.pl/~jarekb
> irc: McJARAS @ warszawa.irc.pl | Polska Agencja Prasowa/Polish Press Agency

brian h. trammell                                         brian@altara.org
the altara project                                  http://www.altara.org/
georgia institute of technology     civil engineering system adminstration
                              "...and i will walk through the front door."