Subject: Re: Reselect bug workaround in -current
To: None <jeremy@broder.com>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/22/1997 17:29:01
   On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Brad Spencer wrote:

   > > [ esp reselect bug ]
   > >
   > >  There has been an attempted workaround to this problem in -current,
   > >  but I haven't heard from anyone who's tried it.
   >
   > On the machine in question, I am running a fairly recent -current, within
   > a day or two.  If the workaround is on automatically, then there appears
   > to be more problems.

   I believe the kernel variable ncr53c9x_dmaselect needs to be set to 1.
   If you know how to edit your kernel binary to do so, then great.
   Otherwise, edit sys/dev/ic/ncr53c9x.c:412 (or so) and recompile.

   -J

I tried this, and the odd reselect errors can be made to occure quite
simply.  The above didn't seem to make any difference.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org