Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD over SunOS
To: Jukka Marin , matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Incorrigible punster -- do not incorrige <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/20/1997 23:33:59
Jukka Marin sez:
/*
 * I installed the NetBSD miniroot on an empty partition, booted from it, and
 * unarchived the real tarballs (created on another NetBSD/Sparc machine).
 * All was pretty simple (thanks to the serial console - I did this remotely :-)

Ahh, the joys of UNIX (which NetBSD really is, functionally).  You could
theoretically have done all this over the network without ever leaving
your desk three buildings away, plus backed it up and restored it.

Put THAT in NT's pipe and smoke it!

 *
 *   -jm
 *
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards
 -- it makes them soggy and hard to light."	-- unknown