Subject: RE: Several things...
To: None <James.Graham@Schwab.COM, jeremy@broder.com>
From: None <James.Graham@Schwab.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/07/1997 14:17:03
I realise I go against one of my main tenets of programming when
I say this, but 256K out of 16MB is NOT that big a deal.  It's
even less out of 64MB.

[In fact with 64MB I seriously wonder why I configure swap
 at all.]

I heard it was something like 192-208 kB anyway.

The speedup is considerable.  Normally the console prints at between
1200 and 2400 baud, effectively (ask me how I know).  With this
speed-up you get a MAJOR improvement (9600-19200+ effectively).
It's truly amazing.