Subject: Re: Any browser for 1.2.1?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Oliver Paulzen <opp@sunday.muffin.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/04/1997 14:43:35
Heya!

In article <199708041303.PAA07174@persius.rz.uni-potsdam.de>, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> > 2) Any chance of success at running Netscape 3.01 for SunOS 4.1.3?
> >    Since FreeBSD users can run the BSDI version...
> some people got it running, but my IPX is somewhat slow for Netscape 3 or better.
Hmm..Netscape3.01 does quite well on my IPX (32MB) running 1.2G. Maybe
I'm just not used to work with fast mashines %-) Even
Communicater does run but it's not very comportable to use :-/

> > Also, by (nearly) the same token, I'd like to know how to get hold of
> > a better window manager than twm -- nnnggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
> yep, I have to offer: Afterstep, fvwm2, fvwm95, mlvwm (Macintosh lookalike) qvwm ( even more win95 like than fvwm95 ), amiwm ( Amiga look ) ...
> oops, sorry, just had a look onto my ftp directory, only afterstep and mlvwm are currently available as binaries. if you take Mosaic remember to fetch lesstif too.

Not to forget WindowMaker and wmx/wm2 which are both quite nice and
currently under high development. Take a look at
ftp.muffin.org/pub/comp/Src/X11/windowmanagers/ (NetBSD/sparc binaries
on request :-)).

bye
 oLLi

--