Subject: Re: a type 5 keyboard on a sparc 1, should it work?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: I can teach you how to fish... <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/28/1997 23:06:04
more than likely it's a blown fuse.  I've used type 5s on SS1s with
no problems.

Brian Buhrow sez:
/*
 * 	Hello fellow Port-sparc users.  I believe I have a very simple
 * question.  Should a type 5 keyboard work on a Sparc 1, ROM version 1.3?  I
 * don't get any flashing lights when I turn on the machine with the keyboard
 * plugged in, and the machine complains that it can't find the keyboard.  I
 * suspect a blown keyboard port fuse inside the Sparc, but thought I'd ask
 * here.  I know I've plugged type 5 keyboards into ELC's, Sparc 2, and
 * IPC/IPX machines with no problem, but I can't remember a Sparc 1 precisely.
 * 	If anyone can confirm that it should work, let me know.
 * If someone who can tel me it won't lt me know.
 * -thanks
 * -Brian
 *
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
"Windows/NT - From the people who brought you EDLIN".