Subject: Re: A couple of SS1 questions.
To: None <winter@jurai.net>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/23/1997 18:30:19
   On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Lau Kin Jock wrote:
   > Got myself a SS1+ w/ 1.3 ROMs and the _exact_ same problem... I'm
   > booting off a Linux
   > server.  Tftpd keeps sending the file, but the ss1+ won't take it for
   > some reason.  _If_
   > I first boot SunOS (from disk), then netbooting comes up fine.  Once in
   > a bluemoon, with
   > the right flick of the power switch, it'll netboot without doing SunOS
   > first.

   Sounds like an arp problem.

   I've got 3 or 4 machines that I netboot at random times (Xkernel hacking
   and Sprite) and I've got to add an arp entry on my boot server to get them
   to work.

   *shrug*

   /*
      Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
      winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
      http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
   */

Ya, this seemed to be it.  After making sure that the arp entry was
correct, it appears to boot fine.  Having a correctly populated
/etc/ethers file and a rarpd running wasn't enough.

Thanks...

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org