Subject: A couple of SS1 questions.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/22/1997 22:04:09
Hello...

Given a Sparc 1 with ROM revision 1.3 and NetBSD 1.2G or so...

1) Has anyone managed to netboot a machine with that configuration.  I
attempted to do this and was unsuccessful.  What appeared to happen was
repeated attempts to retreive the boot code with tftp.  As far as I can
tell everything should have worked [the ethers file was right, the
bootparams file was right, the boot code existed and pointed to correctly,
and all the proper daemons were running], it just never managed to get the
boot file.

2) The floppy drive controller was probed, but the floppy drive itself
never showed up.  This could be a hardware problem, but I was wondering if
there were any known problems with this.

[BTW - I have a IPX which can netboot and use the floppy just fine, so I
am more confused then anything]

Thanks...

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org