Subject: CD-ROM not working....
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Segmentation Violation. Core dumped. <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/17/1997 22:07:02
I'm running 1.2E (9706.4).  I haven't had need to mount a CD-ROM for a while
now, and it's failing with:

starwolf 1# mount /hsfs
cd9660: Input/output error
starwolf 2# mount /cdrom
ffs: /dev/cd0c on /cdrom: Input/output error
starwolf 3# eject cd
eject: /dev/cd0a: Input/output error
starwolf 4#

My past messages file tells me that it's a
cd0 at scsibus0 targ 6 lun 0: <SONY, CD-ROM CDU-8012, 3.1e> \
	SCSI2 5/cdrom removable

[It's a 1x drive which, to my knowledge works fine.]

Here's the relevant lines in /etc/fstab:

# CD-ROM
/dev/cd0c	/cdrom		ffs	ro,noauto		0	0
/dev/cd0a	/hsfs		cd9660	ro,noauto		0	0

Here's the relevant lines in conf/STARWOLF:

file-system	CD9660		# ISO 9660 + Rock Ridge file system
esp0	at sbus0 slot ? offset ? flags 0xf404		# sun4c
[Should permit disc/resel for targets 0,1,3,4,5,6 and
 sync for targets 0,1,3.  Could this be a problem?]

				--*greywolf;
--
Thanks to the fact that the SysV camp couldn't accept that BSD was better
written and gave better performance and utilisation of resources, we now have