Subject: Re: Multiple monitors...
To: Allan 'Norm' Crain <allanc@idea-inc.com>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/30/1997 19:39:57
You wrote (in your message from Wed 28)
 > Okay, if I were to have, say, a 19" Sun monochrome monitor and a 21" RGB
 > monitor connected to my Sun, will NetBSD (or, more specifically, X running
 > under NetBSD/Sparc) let me use both of them at the same time? (preferably a la
 > MacOS's scheme of combining the screens into one big screen where the mouse
 > pops from monitor to monitor when it hits the edge of one screen)
 >
 > And if so, how would I do such a thing?

The Xsun X server is capable to handle all framebuffers. This will
give you 2 (or more) screens in the X terminology: :0.0, :0.1 and so on.

You can start windows on each screen (with -display or the DISPLAY
environment variable), but not move them across the screens. You also
need a window manager capable to handle multiple screens.

See Xsun(1) for details.

					Matthieu