Subject: Re: Parallel support?
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/19/1997 15:57:34
On Mon, 19 May 1997, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> Does anyone know what chip(s) are used to make that parallel port? I mean,
> how hard could it be to move bytes in & out of a parallel port?

With a little research, I found that the parallel port chip that Sun uses
is 100% compatible with the IBM/XT/AT chip.  I created a parallel port
driver for the sun 3/80 from the source for the IBM PC lpt driver, but I
haven't commited it because it causes an unending chain of interrupts when
it is finished with its I/O.  (not hard to fix)

-J