Subject: boot blocks
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/12/1997 18:31:07
Ok, as promised, I fixed the boot block build (HI ERIK! :-), but you
may have noticed that I didn't commit it :-)

That's because it didn't seem to work on my SS2 :-/  It appears as if
booxx, as loaded by the prom, gave me:

	The file just loaded is for a different CPU type.

... However, when I sent the files to Matthew Green, he installed
them, and they didn't work at first... but he re-installed them, and
they did... "aie."

If someone would like a tarball of my sparc/stand directory, I'd
appreciate testing/debugging assistance...

OBTW, I added support for loading gzip'd kernels while I was there.
Useful for floppies :-)