Subject: Re: NFS ...
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Simon Walton <simonw@CS.UCLA.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/12/1997 17:06:24

>   From F (NetBSD/sparc) I have the following:
>
>      mount -t nfs A:/export/opt /mnt       ----  works just fine.
>
>      mount -t nfs N:/usr/src /mnt1
>
>         This one hangs!  the mount command never terminates and when I
> 	^C mount, it leaves mount_nfs still running and in disk wait.

   I don't know if it's related, but I also had a problem with
mount hanging. This was from a Solaris server. The solution was
to use the c option with mount_nfs. This apparently is something
to do with servers using the wrong *source* port number.

   Failing that, you could look at the man page for mount_nfs
and tryout all the options.

Simon