Subject: Re: More SMD adventures.
To: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/27/1996 11:42:52
On Thu, 26 Dec 1996 13:37:02 -0500 (EST)
 David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca> wrote:

 > _ffs_valloc()
 > _ufs_mkdir()
 > _sys_mkdir()
 > _syscall()
 > _kernel_text()
 >
 > 	Now... does anyone know what's going wrong?  Is there some
 > critial date for the SMD support?  I had several of the watchdog
 > resets this time.  Does that affect things?

What's probably happening is that the controller misses and interrupt,
the reset happens (thus tossing the data transfer), and the FFS code
gets confused as a result.

I remember Chuck mentioned some lost interrupt problem to me some time
ago, and he added the watchdog timer to get past the missed interrupt.
I don't believe he's found the bug that causes it yet.  I recall someone
here on port-sun3 had the same problem (I'm sorry, I don't recall exactly
who it was), and was looking into it...