Subject: Getting the SMD's to work (more 7053)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/26/1996 00:58:17
	OK.  I've got one of the SMD drives connected properly
(finally) and started to load stuff onto it.  My goal is to load
NetBSD 1.2 onto the SMD drives so that I can more easily move my
configuration over.

	Anyways, I experienced one of those 'watchdog resets' followed
very soon thereafter (another few dozen files from the tar) by a vnode
panic.  Do these watchdog resets result in data loss?  Is anyone
interested in doing further work on the SMD support?

	I'm still having the problem that the system won't fsck with
the kernel compiled in with SMD disks.  I'm vaguely hoping that this
might be something that's fixed with the 1.2 I'm downloading.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |