Subject: SCSI problems on 4/110
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/18/1996 20:25:00
I am running NetBSD/sparc 1.2 on a Sun 4/110.  I have just attempted
to get an old Sun 3 shoebox going on the system (ESDI drive, MT21
ESDI to SCSI board, 60M tape) without much luck.

I am getting the following error message on bootup:

sw0: data phase error
sw0: aborting, but phase=DATA_OUT (reset)
sw0: reset SCSI bus for TID=0 LUN=0

Can somebody perhaps explain what this means?  If I disconnect all
devices (ie removing the cable from the MT21 board), it doesn't give
any errors.  This shoebox has worked with NetBSD/sparc in the past...

Any assistance is appreciated...

Thanks.

Mike.

Mike Frisch                             Email: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
Northstar Technologies                 WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch
Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA                      Compuserve: 76620,2534