Subject: Re: PPP
To: None <jfacree@eos.ncsu.edu>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/08/1996 10:53:04
> 	I've been having trouble with PPP.  It seems thateverything in the
> options file works fine, and the modems conect and start ppp on the remote
> machine.  But then my PPP dies, saying modem hangup and communications
> terminated.  But if I jump into Kermit after this has happened, I can
> connect and the remote machine is still running PPP, and the modems are
> still connected.  Just my PPP has quit.

[cut your lines to 80 chars!]

I think I'm seeing the same thing on i386 port.  pppd reports that the
connection seems to be lost (I'm using lcp-echo) and then hangs up.  On
one connection, this happens 10-20 times a day; on another, only once
every few days.  I haven't been able to locate the problem, but I think
there's something wrong with pppd.

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---