Subject: Re: g++ includes out of line?
To: Paul Boven <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/29/1996 02:41:00
On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Paul Boven wrote:
> While compiling octave-1.93, linking the executable, I ran into a whole
> bunch of these. Looks to me that the g++-includes/libg++ don't agree
> with each other anymore.
> I'm using the current-kernel with 1.2-release binaries, and current
> include.tar.gz, though that does not seem to affect the g++-includes that
> are giving me trouble.
> So how can my libg++/includes have gotten this out of sync, or am I
> misunderstanding the problem completely?

I think that this is the same bug in g++ which I have hunted for during
the last two weeks. Did you compile with optimization? g++ does lose
symbols sometimes while compiling with optimization. I have a pretty good
idea what's wrong, and I will try my theory this weekend...

You could also try to compile it with '-fno-inline'. That should work if
my theory is correct...

   /Krister