Subject: Re: floppy driver has hung ...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/18/1996 18:57:01
At 03:05 PM 11/18/96 +0100, Frank van der Linden wrote:
>Well, all the built-in floppy drives I have seen for SparcStations
>have these very useful small holes at the front, through which you can,
>say, stick a paperclip and get the thing out of there..
>
>It does come in useful when you're debugging software that accesses
>the floppy ;-)

I wish they had made it something a little more......obvious.

You wouldn't (ok, maybe you would) believe some of the total idiots (at the
University). There are students who don't know about the paperclip hole, and
instead take pliers or something and forcibly RIP the disk out of the
drive.

I hate stupid people.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore, Comp. Sci. -   kpneal@pobox.com