Subject: How to add more swapdrives?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Boven <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/13/1996 22:01:38
Hello everyone,

Still trying to get octave-1.91 to build, nearly there now: But I get a
"virtual memory exhausted" on the final linking that can't be cured by
removing -O, -g. So, I wanted to add a few kilograms of SCSI to swap to while
compiling this. However, "swapon /dev/sd1b" gives "device not configured".

I do recall that this is because my kernel configuration file says:
>config		netbsd	swap generic
I have done some wild guesses on how to change this into "swap on sd0b sd1b"
but haven't found any.. where can I find such documentation, and what changes
do I have to make for the extra swap-disk?

Happy hacking, Paul.
Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
 "Read some Kerouac,  and it put me on the tracks,  to burn a little
    brighter now"    - Torch song, Clutching at straws, Marillion.