Subject: Re: X window system
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/29/1996 23:00:10
On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Kevin P. Neal wrote:

> PPP needs a config file in /etc/ppp if I'm not mistaken. It's a set once
> and never touch again file (which explains why I don't remember anything
> at all about it.)

If it's useful to anyone, here's my /etc/ppp/options file, which
should get you started. (There's also a /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file,
which I haven't included for obvious reasons.) This is for the 3/50
that I use as a router for my home network. I use a ping run from
cron to keep it up during business hours, otherwise it's just up
when it's in use. I have my own class C for my home network.

I've X'd out a few bits that you need to replace with your own
information.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.

---------- /etc/ppp/options
#
#  /etc/ppp/options - ppp options for XXXX
#

# debugs to facility daemon level debug
#debug

persist
demand
idle 600
#holdoff 10
lock

crtscts

asyncmap 0

mru 296
mtu 296
# here's the local and remote IP addresses
XXXX:XXXX
#ipcp-accept-remote
#ipcp-accept-local
defaultroute

# dial filter
#active-filter <tcpdump-filter-expression>
# filter applied to allow packets through the link
#pass-filter filter-expression

name XXXX
remotename XXXX
user XXXX

connect 'chat ABORT "NO CARRIER" ABORT BUSY "" AT OK ATDTXXXXXXX CONNECT'