Subject: Re: sun4m install problem (kernel panic)
To: None <pavlin@catarina.usc.edu, thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Chris Torek <torek@BSDI.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/22/1996 04:54:15
>This fixed the above problem, but it still doesn't work. ...

It is not sufficient just to `not enable' the cache -- it is already
enabled, and `non-cacheable' data may already be in it by the time
you get to the point where you can turn it off.  I sent Aaron a
bunch of my fixes for non-MXCC machines, so I imagine he will have
a NetBSD that is much closer to working for those systems as soon
as he can get back to work on it himself. :-)

I still need to find out if BSD/OS now works on machines *with* MXCCs,

Chris