Subject: "screen not found"
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@pacific.net.sg>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/17/1996 10:19:31
Hi, all.

I'm attempting to install 1.2, for the first time, on an SS20 presently
running Solaris 2.5. (The last time I installed NetBSD was 0.9-i386.)

I'm using a Wyse terminal as the console. When I boot miniroot, it detects
all the hardware ok, then when it prompts for "enter name of shell or RETURN
for sh", the characters become funny, i.e., the terminal appears to screw up.
Typing some characters blind, like RETURN to get shell, and then "wyse" for
the terminal type, still leaves the terminal screwed up. Hitting ctrl-c or
ctrl-d gets me back to the "ok" prom prompt, with the "ok" screwed up.

I found a working Sun monitor somewhere, and plugged it in. At the prom prompt,
I typed "screen output". I got "screen not found". Plug a keyboard in, and
it was found.

Any hints on what's wrong, and how to proceed? TIA. Cheers.
(I'm not on the list yet, so I'd appreciate a cc if you reply to the list.)

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@pacific.net.sg> * Finger for PGP key.
Pacific Internet Pte Ltd * Singapore

Fast, secure, cheap. Pick two.