Subject: Re: esp Disconnect Problems
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: behind brown eyes <benji@haven.boston.ma.us>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/15/1996 16:12:32
According to Jason Thorpe:
>  > Why are these even needing to be settable things at all??????????????
>
> There were some serious problems with the protocol engine in the esp
> driver that appeared in 1.2.  The version in -current is much better
> (Charles Hannum did a lot of work on the protocol engine to deal with
> some lossage he observed with the driver in the Alpha port).

So I've got a couple of SPARCstations in use as "production" servers (which
are currently running 1.1, but will shortly be upgraded to 1.2). Would I be
better off using the -current esp drivers? Is it possible to use them with an
otherwise stock 1.2 system?

	benji

--
Benjamin R. Cline	Large Furry Mammal 	benji@haven.boston.ma.us
"Love is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction."