Subject: Re: esp Disconnect Problems
To: None <mjacob@feral.com>
From: David S. Miller <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/15/1996 18:46:47
   Date: Tue, 15 Oct 96 08:29:49 PDT
   From: mjacob@feral.feral.com (Matthew Jacob)

   Yes, I'm familiar with them. I did the esp driver for SunOS and
   still have 18 inches of shelf space with Emulex (now Qlogic)
   errata.

You're one of the infamous "Sun SCSI Twins" right? ;-)

The SparcLinux ESP driver explains very clearly all of the EMULEX
workarounds necessary and how to detect every errata condition and
what to do about it.

   Sigh... This stuff is *still* not worked out. Time for fibre channel.....

You should see the HME/FAS ESP336 Matthew, it's an utter piece of
trash and has more bugs than all of the other ESP variants combined.
I think SMCC dropped them on the floor before shipping them.

David S. Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu