Subject: Re: reboot problem on SS1+
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/09/1996 23:18:05
On Thu, 10 Oct 1996 01:39:48 -0400 (EDT)
 Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com> wrote:

 > Boot from: sd(0,0,0)netbsd
 > Level 3 InterruptType help for more information
 > ok boot
 > Booting from: sd(0,0,0)netbsd
 > Level 3 Interrupt
 > ok

I think I have a fix for this... please remind me to send it to you
tomorrow... (i.e. if you don't have it by 2pm your time, send me
some mail, pestering me :-)

 > Anyone have any ideas?  Otherwise I'll anxiously await the updated esp
 > driver, just in case.  It almost seems like the esp is being left in a
 > strange state that the OBP driver and/or boot can't handle. (which is
 > why 'reset' fixes it)

Well, it would help if the boot program disabled interrupts below level
11 (11 and higher are needed if you want to L1-A during boot).  I
sent pk a patch for this eons ago, and he committed it, I thought.
I needed that to boot my SS10 from floppy.  They may have slipped though
the cracks, tho... I'll search through my source archives.