Subject: Re: P4 CG6 and NetBSD-1.2 (fwd)
To: Chris Rupnik <chrisr@hp817.speedware.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/08/1996 19:02:57
Chris Rupnik wrote:

>  What happens is that as soon as the cg6 is touched, the line following
>  the cg6 detection is written vertically from the middle of the screen
>  in a decending fashion. Then the console display locks up. It looks
>  like the kernel keeps loading, assuming that is the disk activity
>  that is going on.

I haven't tried the actual 1.2 release kernel on my 4/110 (with P4/CG6),
but mine does exhibit an odd line "skip" when the CG6 is probed.  I
vaguely remember a CVS commit message going by for one of the other P4
drivers that mentioned reading the eeprom values incorrectly? (Jason?)
Perhaps the same problem exists on the CG6.  Doublecheck that the values
for length&width are correct for your monitor.  I don't have my docs here
at work, but I'll check when I get home.  Possibly the screen width is
set funny, so the driver thinks it is "1 column x 1 row" or something
similar.. :)

-Andrew